How Does Training Work?

Multimedia courses are self-paced and trainees may start any time between 7:00 am and 2:00 pm for most classes. There is a 12:00 pm cut off time for course longer than 3 hours.

How Does Medical Training Work?

Occupational Medical Clinic opens at 7:00 a.m. with a 2:00 pm cut off time for all medical services.

What do I do if I have lost my RPSC badge?

To get a replacement, bring proper ID to RPSC check-in window. The charge is $10.00.

I've lost my ID. Can I still come to class?

We require State or Government issued picture ID (US Driver’s License or Identification Card, US Military ID, Department of Corrections Card, or International Passport).

My employee's badge does not show the classes he just took there yesterday.

While we make every effort to process your personnel correctly, occasionally someone will leave the council with an incorrect badge. This is something that we cannot correct over the phone. Your employee will need to return and have his badge remade.

Do you take credit cards?

Yes. RPSC now accepts MASTERCARD, VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS AND DISCOVER CARD for payment. Contact the Accounting Department for more information.

Training & Registration

When is Basic Plus offered?

Basic Plus is offered Monday through Friday. The class starts promptly at 7:30 a.m., you should arrive thirty minutes early.

I was supposed to come in for training this morning but missed class. Can you reschedule me?

RPSC registrations will be considered active for 5 days or until they are cancelled by the registering company. Note that RPSC does not charge for ‘No-Shows’. If you will not be able to attend class for more than the 5 days of allotted time your company will have to resubmit the registration.

Do you offer special requests and by appointment courses?

Some courses are not held regularly, but are available by appointment for a minimum of 5 students. In addition, courses can be arranged outside of regular business hours when needed. Please contact Customer Service at 956-928-1967 or via email at for information on setting up special classes.

Can you tell me how long my employees were at the council testing?

Unfortunately, our system does not show the actual time the employee checked in or the time they checked out. You can only estimate the time spent here by the number of classes completed and the approximate testing time for each of those classes. Multimedia classes are self-paced, so although there is a minimum completion time for all CBT courses, the time will vary with each individual.


How often do we need to take this training?

Most of the training offered here at the Council is renewable annually, with the expiration date stated on the Council ID badge.

What kind of certification do we get by taking this training?

The only training here that involves certification is CPR, 40 and 24 hour HAZWOPER, Safeland/Safegulf and Hazmat DOT. We also offer the OSHA 10 hour General and Construction Industry Outreach Course and the 30 hour Construction Industry Outreach Course and the trainee will receive a card from OSHA stating they have completed the course. The remainder of safety training courses and site-specific courses are on an awareness level only. Your employee is issued an RPSC picture ID badge showing name, last four digits of their social security number, the course code, expiration date and test method.

How can I tell if I need 24 or 40-hour HAZWOPER?

Per OSHA Compliance Encyclopedia, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) Training (3) Initial training.

(i) General site workers (such as equipment operators, general laborers and supervisory personnel) engaged in hazardous substance removal or other activities with exposure or potential exposure of workers to hazardous substances and health hazards shall receive a minimum of 40 hours of instruction off the site, and a minimum of three days actual field experience under the direct supervision of a trained experienced supervisor.

(ii) Workers on site only occasionally for a specific limited task (such as, but not limited to, groundwater monitoring, land surveying, or geophysical surveying) and who are unlikely to be exposed over permissible exposure limits and published exposure limits shall receive a minimum of 24 hours of instruction off the site, and the minimum of one day actual field experience under the direct supervision of a trained, experienced supervisor.

What if Hazwhoper refresher training isn't received in 12 months?

If the date for refresher training has lapsed, the need to repeat initial training must be determined based on the employee’s familiarity with safety and health procedures used on site. The employee should take the next availably refresher training course. “There should be a record in the employee’s file indicating why the training has been delayed and when the training will be completed.”

I have personnel who have an English comprehension problem. Can we send someone to help them with the test?

Per our owners, we are obligated to test according to their requirements. Please check the Site Requirements for testing requirements. Requirements are listed in the description for each Site Specific class on the HASC Training page website. Only plant representatives can make exceptions to these requirements. You must ask them to send a fax giving permission to test “with assistance” to RPSC prior to registering your personnel.

Do you have any study material we can use to prepare our employees for your safety tests?

There is now a study guide available for the ARSC Basic Safety Plus Course required by most plants. We do not furnish any material to prep your employees for testing here. There are several places that have excellent training material you can purchase for use in your safety training. Try your local U.S. Govt. Bookstore or OSHA office.

Where can I find material to study the Basic Plus course?

You can download the study guide by going to the following website:


ARSC member councils are councils whose training meets the standards set for certain non-site-specific courses such as Basic Plus. (Additional courses will be added in the future). These courses are transferable from one member council to another. Your employee does not have to retake a transferable course if he has passed the course within the year at an ARSC member council. For more information on ARSC and a list of member councils and transferable courses visit their website at to view an Adobe Acrobat document containing a list of ARSC councils and their reciprocal class codes.

My employees have Basic Plus or Confined Space from another council. Will you accept this card?

Yes, provided your employee can present a current ID badge showing this training from another ARSC member safety council. Please have your student bring their badge showing the training with them to RPSC.